Thursday, May 19, 2011

What the Truck?


Food Truck that is...
Tuesday I went to the Maitland Food Truck Pod at Lake Lily Park. I arrived early to beat the crowds, that's right people were lining up waiting for the trucks to open their windows at 6pm. The food truck craze is making a great impression on the people of Orlando. There were a total of 8 trucks to show up.

I came on a empty stomaching and planned on buying until my eyes were bigger than my stomach. I started with Big Wheel Provisions. This truck is ran by a vetran chef, Tony Adams. He uses only local foods. I  had a blueberry soda, fried eggplant, and a pork belly sandwich (because I had heard great things about it). Also a plus they take credit cards through an ipad and can text you the receipt (i love technology)! So now it's time to chow down-I go for the eggplant first-hot and fresh and the marina sauce was so good! Sandwich time- I didn't want to put it down. 


So I'm pretty full after that meal, but I can't stop after just one truck. I headed to Korean BBQ Taco Box. So many choices, but I decided to play it safe and take the chicken taco to go. The chicken taco also comes with a chicken wing, salad, pork, and tofu. It's a whole meal for only 6 bucks. Can't beat it. I ended up saving the food until the next day and I heated everything up- amazing! The sauce the chicken was in- yum, yum, yum!!!! 


My last stop at the food pod event-Yum Yum Cupcakes. Last time I tried to get one they sold out!! I've read some articles about the guys that run Yum Yum and they are from Philadelphia! When it was my turn to order- I made sure to get one of each. The guys were super sweet-they even hooked me up with a cupcake on the house-Philly special! I haven't tried them all yet, but I can tell you the cream cheese icing is to die for. So far my favorite is the carrot cake! I'm not even a fan of carrot cake, but you can taste how fresh it is and see all of the ingredients-actually pieces of carrot, raisins, and nuts. ( They also take credit cards.)


Every Tuesday- 6-9pm the Maitland Food Pod will be happening. Make sure to bring plenty of cash and a empty stomach. The food pod is a recipe for success and a great time. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment