Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pass me a Pint!




To finish off my trip home, I have been waiting to go to The British Chip Shop in Haddonfield, NJ. I've had an obsession with England ever since I was little. I was able to spend four months in London my senior year at Temple University. Ever since I've wanted to go back! Any food or things from England I get really excited! So obviously, I had to stop make a stop at The British Chip Shop. 


 The atmosphere was really nice inside-exactly like a pub in England. Dark and high top tables-decorated with different British teams. I went with the staple food fish and chips. They offer 3 sizes-jack (small), queen (medium), or king (large). I opted for the queen size for dinner. My mother and I split a side order of mushy peas. The waitress said it was a small portion, but it was way more than expected. I had a Ribena to drink- I wish they had the light version, but not offered! (Not sure what beers they have to offer-if any-didn't look!)  Then for pudding (dessert) I had a freshly baked cinnamon raisin scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. OMG! Delish!!! If anything I would be back for the scone! 


All in all, I felt like I was back in the UK minus the accents. The chip shop is owned by a British family-the son is the chef. Across the street is an English shop owned by the husband and wife, where you can find British foods and novelties. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment