Saturday, January 7, 2012

My 1st Cheese Fondue!

Maybe I should have born in the 70's, but I love fondue. Several years ago my mother and I started a tradition to go to The Melting Pot near the holiday season. I was hooked ever since and so was my mom. She wanted a fondue pot for Christmas so I saved up my money and bought her one, but she never used it. Since moving to Florida, we have tried to keep up the tradition and always make time to go to The Melting Pot, but never replicating what we have had at home.

This year after returning home to Jersey after Christmas ( what my work schedule would allow) my mother surprised me with my own fondue pot and recipe book. I was determined to actually use mine!! I wasn't patient enough to look through the book, but there is a great website Best Fondue that guided me through my first cheese fondue.



If you use this link, I made this cheddar cheese fondue. Some things I will give you a warning towards. Making this cheese fondue-I did NOT use tomatoes. I used a 1/4 of the dry ranch seasoning (to taste). I used two cups of cheddar and 1 cup of mixed colby jack. I just used a white wine I already had-nothing fancy. I thought it turned out great!!

For dippers- I cup up a stale baguette- (I know your thinking stale? Trust me with the cheese its great) One red and one green apple-(Granny Smith are always the best with cheese) We also cooked steak, mushrooms, and boiled potatoes.

First time and it was a success-watch out melting pot you have got some new competition from Leann's Kitchen. Next I will be trying chocolate fondue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment