Monday, September 26, 2011

Village Whiskey

I never mentioned it before, but my favorite Phillies player is Chase Utley. My mother's friend who lives in the city told her about this place called Village Whiskey and how she spotted Utley and his wife there. So without a doubt, Village Whiskey was a priority stop on my list, hoping to catch a glimpse of my favorite baseball player. (and try some amazing food).

Besides being lured in because Chase was spotted there, I heard they had duck fat fries-that's right french fries deep fried in duck fat, like they aren't bad enough for you already. So that was the first thing I knew I wanted to try. We ordered the duck fat fries with sly fox cheddar cheese sauce. I can't even start to explain how good these were. You did taste a slight taste difference in the fry, but nothing drastic. 


Then I ordered a S'more shake-I loved s'mores as a child and always asked for "the thing that makes your face messy." This shake was like drinking an actually s'more through a straw-yes a little hard at first, but perfect!

Finally, Nick and I decided on a entree. He ordered the Village Burger and I ordered the BBQ Pork Sammy. When Nick's burger came out we were is awe-it looked like a steak on the bun! He did manage to finish the whole burger! I on the other hand did not finish my sandwich. First, they put coleslaw on top so I scrapped that off and it was plated with fried pickles. I am not a pickle fan. 



Village Whiskey is a small bar for drinks and bar food. The prices are a bit high, but you get what you pay for and you might even run into a local celeb or two. I'm still on the look out for Utley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment