Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen

I've been patiently waiting to try out Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen in Winter Park, FL. I've heard great reviews and I didn't know what to expect as I've never tried cajun food. One word delicious. Tibby's will not disappoint. It's decorations make you feel as if your in the center of a mardi gras party. The place has lively paintings on the walls, huge beads, police barricade, and much more.




I felt obligated to try a hurricane-I've never had one and apparently that's a drink of choice for the people of New Orleans. Nick had a sazerac another old favorite.
For an appetizer we tried the crawfish remoulade. There was no head sucking involved. These crawfish are lightly battered in a remoulade sauce. This was my first time having crawfish, next time I just might try peeling and sucking out the the heads.


Nick tried a cup of the gumbo, which ofcourse I had to try a spoonful of. Not to spicy, but he said it would have been nice to have more than 2 shrimp in there.


Now for the main courses. Nick had the cajun shrimp pasta. Which looked pretty darn tasty and by the end there was nothing left so that's always a good sign right?

I on the other hand went with the half a sandwich and side. My choice 12 napkin roast beef and cheese grits as a side. They call it 12 napkin roast beef in all seriousness. This is so messy, but oh so tasty. Oh and remember when you look at the picture this is just half a sandwich!
Our server did not have to ask twice if I had room for dessert-I was making room for beignets! This precious powdered donut-ish things are to die for, especially when cooked to order. I'm making my mouth water now just thinking about them. You can get them in a single order of 3 or family size of 7. Since I am going to be running the half marathon soon I decided to cute it back to 3, but trust me I could eat more!

When your leaving Tibby's or rolling out the doorway look to see if you can find this precious gem and take some fun photos!!

1 comment: