Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sunday Funday

I rarely get to go out on the weekend, but I got out of work early Sunday night so I had to make the best of it. So where to go for dinner- 903 Mills Market. This place was opened in the 20s and has gone through several revamps. 903 is near Lake Davis and sells gourmet beer, wine, and has a full menu. I went for dinner tried the 903 appetizer which was homemade hummus, and their famous olive tapenade with fresh pita! Very tasty! The fresh pita really makes a difference.

Now for my made dish- 903 market chicken wrap. This is their signature wrap with grilled chicken, mango, pineapple, pecan, bleu cheese crumbles, spring mix, and mango pineapple vinaigrette dressing. I was really hungry and I ate the whole wrap. This just melted in my mouth, but take a look because there are so many awesome food choices.


After a couple of drinks we then headed to Lou's Whiskey Lounge in the Milk District. Last time I hit the Bush and Bull. Lou's is a cash only bar so be prepared to hit up the ATM if you come with plastic only. 

The best way for me to describe Lou's-its a smoke filled bar with locals. Don't dress to impress because your clothes will reek of ciggs when you leave the bar. It reminded me of the local VFW my grandfather used to hang out at. Drinks are cheap and crowd even more interesting. Moving on to the next location-Scuffy Murphy's Irish Pub in the College Park neighborhood. There are two bars and we headed to the back because it was empty! Had the place to ourselves which was really nice!
I tried the house beer-Scruffs Red Lager-similiar to Yuengling and Killian's. They have a larger selection of English and Irish beers. Cheers!

Successful Sunday Funday!

1 comment: