Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's a Be-Witching Time of Year

Scary stories, ghouls, and gobblins. I am terrified of haunted houses and scary movies, but Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I'm not sure what it is...maybe the trees starting to change, the beginning of the holiday season, or maybe the tricks and the treats. This year I've been making a bit of mischief in the kitchen.

I started by gutting my pumpkin. I love to save the seeds to cook. So when you cut the top off your pumpkin make sure you have a bowl to put your seeds in. Don't worry if you get some pumpkin guts in there to-it adds to the flavor.

Yes, I know I'm wearing xmas pjs- I'm rushing it a little.

This year I decided to use a pair of vampire teeth for the mouth and instead of using a regular candle-use an electric tea light. I was able to get one that changes colors so my pumpkin will flash different colors!

 My dog, Bentley, tried to wear the vampire teeth first, but it just didn't work out for him. He does look pretty scary though!

My next Halloween project was Haunted House Brownies. I know your like what is she talking about, Haunted House Brownies. I found a brownie mix that came with 2 throw away molds of a house. The box contained everything needed to make a scary looking brownie house good enough to sink your fangs into. 
After letting the brownie houses cool I was able to get them onto a plate. Let the decorating begin! Here's how my Haunted Houses turned out!


There's scary ghosts, spiders, and tombstones... what else could scare you away from eating these brownie houses?!?! Until next Halloween, be safe and don't eat to many treats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment