Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bistro De Leon-St. Augustine

Road trip up to St. Augustine and still eating French cuisine! I picked up a free magazine called Edible in Orlando and read and article about Bistro de Leon in St. Augustine. The place sounded charming-a husband and wife  that moved over from France in 2008. Authentic!





The menu is extensive, but the chef changes things up by using local ingredients and if he runs out of things they are just removed from the menu. Our server told us about a pre fixe dinner for $22 which includes a glass of wine, appetizer, entree, and dessert. I just couldn't pass that up. The chef also sends his welcoming to every table with a free soup of the day. 


 Above-this is the appetizer-a flaky pastry with cheese and mushroom inside. I ate the whole thing!
 My entre consisted of pork tenderloin, rice, and mushrooms. This pork had a special pepper on it. It gave it a tangy, but sweet taste. I wish I remembered the name of it. It was some of the best tenderloin I've had. I normally would not pick pork either as a rule.
 The dessert-I can't remember the name of this but it was an apple pastry. I would have preferred it to be warm.
My mom had a cherry dessert-in between if it was a cake or custard. Lots of fresh cherries inside. All in all, for the price we paid I would go back to try the chef's specials. Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go back asap. Leann spotted this place in a magazine before we got there (I took it as a good sign) and that decided where we would eat. I was happy with our choice. I was feeling French, first breakfast and now dinner. It was a great deal for only $22.00. The food was excellent along with the service. We had a quiet relaxed meal and it made use think of being back in Paris, if only for a short while.

    ReplyDelete