Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Make Whoopie..........Pies that is!

After you get your mind out of the gutter I'm going to tell you all about my new venture- Making whoopie pies! If your not familiar with whoopie pies they are mainly from the Northeast. Not quiet a pie, cake, nor brownie. It has a creamy filling that oozes out when you take your first bite. Usually they are wrapped in clear cellophane plastic. As a child I first saw them in Lancaster, PA or what we refer to as "Amish Country." There were always homemade baked goods. Believe it or not I wasn't a big fan of whoopie pies growing up, but my dad loved them.


For Christmas this year I received a mini whoopie pie pan, recipe book, and my first whoopie pie mix. With everything in front of me, I had to try them out.



The small sweet treats are addicting. After my ready made mix pies went over so well I now set to create them by scratch. I decided to do the classic chocolate pie and make 3 different fillings- marshmellow, cream cheese, and peanut butter.





Each turned out extremely good and now I have to get these sweet treats out of my home before I eat them all. As a hobby I have decided to continue on my whoopie pie journey and sell them. As I continue to test more flavors I will add them to my list. If you are interested in the purchase of some homemade whoopie pies you can inquire here

No comments:

Post a Comment